COVID-19 is changing the way we work.
Citizens National Bank had to quickly shift their business model on both how they serve customers and care for and engage employees during this unprecedented time. They have closed branch lobbies to protect customers and staff, evolved their hours of business, and enhanced remote options to increase flexibility. Their OnSemble intranet has been a crucial part of how they keep their employees updated on changes happening daily.
OnSemble Helps Keep Corporate Culture Strong
Their portal gives the bank opportunities to keep their corporate culture strong and to have a little fun.
“We now have a Wellness Watch page with tips and messages from our Executive Management,” says Julie Ashbaugh, Corporate Training Officer. “I’ve also added an iView island of our state health department for updates. On our carousel, I am posting tips to stay safe, links to locally-owned restaurants to order takeout, and virtual activities being held in our community. Soon, I’ll be adding an Easter Egg Hunt to our portal just to add some excitement to the workday.”
In addition to sharing safety tips and important health updates, the bank is also communicating staffing and branch changes.
“Our lobbies are completely closed to customers, but our drive-thrus are open,” Julie says. “A few of our departments that work in close quarters are now working shifts. Our Call Center has extended its hours and is also opening on Saturdays. High-risk employees have been given the option to stay home during this time.”
How the CEO is Bringing Employees Together
Citizens National Bank’s CEO, Jason D. Smith, has brought a personal touch to his effort to bring employees together.
“Our CEO has started doing a morning call with all employees called ‘The Citizens Way to Start the Day,'” says Julie. “He plays a song while we’re all joining the call, gives updates on what Upper Management is doing to keep employees safe and motivated, tells jokes, and prays over all of us. This has been highly welcomed by all staff. Our Employee Recognition page is blowing up with praise about the morning calls!”
With OnSemble, Citizens National Bank is prepared to keep their teams informed and educated as the situation evolves.
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Product2020.08.06Eastern Michigan Bank Achieves Its Vision of a New Employee Intranet
- Employee Intranet2020.06.02Advantis Highlights Employee Engagement, Communication and Teamwork in Portal Relaunch
- Employee Intranet2020.05.14Using OnSemble to Help with PPP Loans and Combating COVID-19
- Employee Intranet2020.05.05OnSemble Plays a Critical Role in Helping A+ Federal Credit Union Employees Stay Connected During COVID-19