COVID-19 is changing the way we work.
Gather Federal Credit Union in Lihue, Hawaii is learning a new way of doing business. The credit union now has some staff working from home and some staff have relocated to other branches to split departments.
Utilizing the Pineapple Patch – Gather’s OnSemble intranet portal – has been critical to keeping staff informed and up to date.
“We are utilizing announcements and just recently published a page dedicated to COVID-19 updates,” says IT Programmer/Analyst Alannah Texeira. “On this page, we use a blog for any employee updates and offer credible resources for staff to educate themselves. On top of that, we added a ‘Voice Your Concerns’ box for staff to submit their suggestions/ideas on what we can do to help keep members and staff safe.”
Gather Focuses on Remote
Overall, Gather has been putting more efforts into promoting remote services in an effort to cut down on in-person contact.
- The credit union segregated the main branch’s two floors to limit in-person contact between the two.
- While all five branches remain open for business on weekdays, modifications have bee made to the hours. Two hours in the morning (9am-11am) are set aside for elderly members and those with medical conditions (nobody is turned away, but the staff requests that other members be respectful of those time frames).
- After 11am, two branches close completely and staff are shifted to the busier branches to assist with getting members in and out much quicker. Busier branches remain open for normal business hours.
- On Saturdays, the lobby has been closed. Transactions are conducted through the drive-thru windows.
OnSemble Helps the Team Inspire Each Other
With events changing daily, Alannah tries to provide any updates quickly on the Pineapple Patch (OnSemble). She also tries to keep things fun.
“Our CEO shared a music video (“Heal The World”) to remind staff to stay positive and to know that we will get through this time,” says Alannah. “After a suggestion from my wonderful OnSemble Customer Success Manager, Erin Mitchell, I may even create a conversation board that can be used by staff to post how and what they’re doing during this pandemic and to send little pieces of inspiration to one another!”
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Product2020.08.06Eastern Michigan Bank Achieves Its Vision of a New Employee Intranet
- Employee Intranet2020.06.02Advantis Highlights Employee Engagement, Communication and Teamwork in Portal Relaunch
- Employee Intranet2020.05.14Using OnSemble to Help with PPP Loans and Combating COVID-19
- Employee Intranet2020.05.05OnSemble Plays a Critical Role in Helping A+ Federal Credit Union Employees Stay Connected During COVID-19