SharePoint, is a timeworn collaborative platform from Microsoft. Microsoft has long offered a free, barebones, product called SharePoint Foundation for document management. This pared-down offering provided document sharing, sites, basic search, and a handful of other entry-level features. The last version of Sharepoint released was SharePoint Foundation 2013. With the Release of SharePoint 2016, it has become clear that Foundation will no longer provide a separate free, standalone, product. Instead, all new SharePoint Server updates will come exclusively with their paid edition.
The depreciation of SharePoint Foundation has closed the door for organizations looking for a free on-premise, content management platform. They still need to collaborate on, documents, lists, calendars, and data cost-efficiently.
SharePoint has had its supporters and detractors throughout the years. Scour the internet and you’ll find anecdotes like “Sharepoint makes the simple things very simple, and the hard things impossible.” With the closure of SharePoint Foundation, it’s become clear that there is a demand for something better. Something that won’t vanish or be deprecated overnight.
SharePoint Foundation Will No Longer Be Available
In the same notice that SharePoint Foundation will no longer be available, Microsoft deprecated a whole suite of other features. This worrying pattern extends to SharePoint Online Public Websites. It has a core feature that offered the ability for users to make their own external-facing websites. It was announced that every SharePoint Online Public Website ever designed was to be wiped from existence on March 31, 2018.
Do you want your employees to use and love your intranet portal? An intranet that won’t vanish without a trace? A platform supported by a company that that won’t remove features? A management system that is built with your needs in mind? You’ve come to the right place. OnSemble is a simple to implement, employee intranet platform which can be an alternative to Sharepoint. And you know what’s great about OnSemble? It’s an intranet that where anyone can build beautiful pages. No coding, no HTML expertise
If you can imagine it, build it. If you can use PowerPoint you can use OnSemble. A drag and drop system will ensure that you won’t need a dedicated team member to ensure your portal works. That would be you, SharePoint administrators. Simply, build a beautiful intranet without involving your IT Team.
A SharePoint Foundation 2016 alternative that does more, that’s easier to use, faster to build and fits your needs. We’ll never stop updating OnSemble, we’ll never take it away. It’s a platform you can trust to collaborate and share just as you always did on SharePoint Foundation.
We’ve listened to concerned administrators, marketing professionals, and executives worried that their SharePoint Foundation is no longer updated by Microsoft. Give us a call, we’ll work with you to move your documents from SharePoint to OnSemble. We ensure a seamless transition to deliver a platform branded for your organization and tailored to your needs.
 To be specific, Microsoft deprecated Duet Enterprise, Standalone Install Mode, ForeFore Identify Manager Client, Excel Services in SharePoint, SharePoint BI, Tags and Notes, and the Work Management Service Application.
About The Author
- OnSemble Intranet helps you activate your culture by informing, aligning, engaging and enabling your employees. Our customers experience improvements in employee retention, employee productivity, and service quality by implementing a centralized employee engagement and communications hub across multiple facilities. OnSemble Intranet has provided best-in-class intranet solutions to midsize consumer services organizations since 2003. OnSemble Intranet is a business unit of Passageways, a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees.
- Customer Success2021.06.23OnSemble Streamlines Communications with SPIRIT at Evergreen Family Medicine
- Customer Success2021.06.21Perkins County Health Had Fun Implementing an Easy-to-Use Intranet in Chaotic 2020
- Customer Success2021.06.14Moving to OnSemble Improves Communications and Efficiency
- Employee Intranet2021.02.238 Benefits of an Employee Intranet