COVID-19 is changing the way we engage with our teams at work.
Although San Antonio-based Jefferson Bank is an essential business operating under a “Stay Home, Work Safe” order, the bank has made changes to accommodate the safety of employees and customers. That means adjusted work hours, employees working from home, and increased physical distance between staff working at the office.
“As we’ve decentralized divisions of the Bank, people from various essential departments (Loan Operations, Deposit Operations, Accounting, etc.) were moved to different Banking Centers,” says Marketing Communications & Event Planner Tina Harris. “Our lobbies closed, and some folks started working from home or alternating time between home and office. This allowed us space to practice social distancing in our work areas. Everyone has been so grateful that our Bank has been so supportive.”
Their OnSemble employee intranet – called Jeff NET – has been one key to keeping employees connected.
OnSemble Helps Communicate and Distribute Key Updates and Information
“Our main page has a carousel that we use to announce important messages of the day,” says Tina. “At least one of our messages is related to an update or change caused by COVID-19, and that is linked to our page dedicated to the coronavirus.”
Sharing Home Workouts and More Keeps Employees Engaged
OnSemble is also helping Jefferson Bank employees to continue to connect with each other.
“We just launched the use of Conversations to get employees to share what home workouts and free online workouts they are using while gyms are closed during this time,” Tina says. “We anticipate this will be a fun way to engage employees who are into fitness!”
“In addition to the initiatives we’ve launched through our portal,” Tina continued, “We’ve been providing lunch from local restaurants twice a week to support our local small businesses.”
Tina noted that this expanded use of JeffNet has been positively received.
“Our team appreciates the ability to stay connected and informed through JeffNET,” she said.
About The Author
- OnSemble Intranet helps you activate your culture by informing, aligning, engaging and enabling your employees. Our customers experience improvements in employee retention, employee productivity, and service quality by implementing a centralized employee engagement and communications hub across multiple facilities. OnSemble Intranet has provided best-in-class intranet solutions to midsize consumer services organizations since 2003. OnSemble Intranet is a business unit of Passageways, a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees.
- Customer Success2021.06.23OnSemble Streamlines Communications with SPIRIT at Evergreen Family Medicine
- Customer Success2021.06.21Perkins County Health Had Fun Implementing an Easy-to-Use Intranet in Chaotic 2020
- Customer Success2021.06.14Moving to OnSemble Improves Communications and Efficiency
- Employee Intranet2021.02.238 Benefits of an Employee Intranet