COVID-19 is changing the way we engage with each other at work.
A+ Federal Credit Union is no stranger to creating ways to keep employees engaged, but with the onset of COVID-19, they have seen their employee communication needs change in many ways. With approximately 70% of the operational staff working remotely, the need for consistent communication is greater than it’s ever been.
“First and foremost, the rate at which we need to share important messages and updates has increased exponentially,” states Jennifer Hughes, Internal Communications/Development Specialist. “With things moving and changing at lightning speed ever since the start of this pandemic, we’ve had to adjust our strategies to make sure information was flowing. OnSemble has been the single greatest asset we’ve used to communicate and engage our employees during this time.”
A+ Creates a Virtual Breakroom Using OnSemble For Employees to “Chill”
The credit union developed a specific internal communications plan for how information is shared and funneled.
“We’ve created spaces for centralized content and messaging so everyone is in the know, no matter if they are working from an office or from home,” Jennier says. “We’ve also intentionally sought out positive happenings from teams to highlight, interject fun where we can, and bring inspiration from quotes and short videos each week.”
To keep employees connected with each other, A+FCU created a virtual breakroom space called The Watercooler inside OWL, their OnSemble intranet, for employees to “chill.” Included here are wellness resources, random polls, inspirational videos, a place to share ideas (Conversation Corner), as well as a tab to highlight team member success stories called “Difference Makers.”
“This is all very new, but employees are already engaging and connecting in the Conversation Corner,” Jennifer explains. “I created a blog (using the “Skinny Blog”) on the tab to display a question and get the conversation going. We’ve had quite a bit of response.”
Using OnSemble to Create a “One Stop Shop” of COVID-19 Information
A+FCU also created an entire page to house important information related to COVID-19, called A+ Cares. It’s a “one stop shop” for everything related to the pandemic.
“The health of our employees (both physical and mental) is our first priority,” says Jennifer. “We’re so thankful to have a tool like OnSemble that allows us to stay connected and informed even when we’re all in different locations. The flexibility OnSemble gives us to share information, while also having fun and keeping staff engaged, is priceless,”“The flexibility OnSemble gives us to share information, while also having fun and keeping staff engaged, is priceless." – Jennifer Hughes of @aplusfcu. Learn more here –> Click To Tweet
About The Author
- OnSemble Intranet helps you activate your culture by informing, aligning, engaging and enabling your employees. Our customers experience improvements in employee retention, employee productivity, and service quality by implementing a centralized employee engagement and communications hub across multiple facilities. OnSemble Intranet has provided best-in-class intranet solutions to midsize consumer services organizations since 2003. OnSemble Intranet is a business unit of Passageways, a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees.
- Customer Success2021.06.23OnSemble Streamlines Communications with SPIRIT at Evergreen Family Medicine
- Customer Success2021.06.21Perkins County Health Had Fun Implementing an Easy-to-Use Intranet in Chaotic 2020
- Customer Success2021.06.14Moving to OnSemble Improves Communications and Efficiency
- Employee Intranet2021.02.238 Benefits of an Employee Intranet